Simplicity Cleaning Co. is a fast-growing, start-up residential cleaning business providing simple and affordable cleans in the city of Ottawa.
We’re a small but mighty company, and we’re growing fast. We believe in providing a simple experience for our customers, a professional clean for their homes, a happy workplace for our employees, and a better future for our planet.
Our employees work in small teams (usually pairs) to clean our customers’ homes efficiently and effectively, using environmentally friendly products. We know our employees are the face of the company, and we strive to ensure Simplicity is a place at which our employees are proud to work.
- We believe in a living wage, not a minimum wage. Our employees are paid above-average for our industry.
- We want our employees to share in our success. We offer a yearly bonus incentive program based on the company’s performance and the employee’s performance.
- We want our employees to grow with us. As we grow, we always strive to promote from within.
Sound like Simplicity might be right for you? Check out our current opportunities below.
Please read this full job listing before applying.
Simplicity Cleaning Co. is a fast-growing, start-up residential cleaning business providing simple and affordable cleans in the city of Ottawa. To learn more about the company, visit simplicitycleaning.co.
While COVID-19 has impacted our business, our clients are now starting to return. Hours may be fewer for next couple months as our clients resume their cleaning schedule.
Simplicity Cleaning Co. is currently looking to hire a part-time Residential Cleaner. The successful candidate will work as part of a team to clean residential properties according to Simplicity’s guidelines and processes. All Simplicity staff work in teams of two. The successful applicant can expect to be scheduled 11-15 hours per week while our clients slowly resume their cleans from the COVID-19 shutdown. We expect this to reach 20-25 hours per week under normal circumstances.
You might be a good fit for us if:
- You’re reliable, prompt, and motivated
- You enjoy working on a small team
- You enjoy following established guidelines and processes
- You’re able to work quickly while paying attention to details
- You’re motivated by seeing instant results
- The prospect of working for a quickly-growing start-up is exciting to you
- You’re interested in helping to grow the company and your career
We might be a good fit for you if:
- You’re looking for a new, fast-growing company
- You’re interested in a company that shares its success with its employees
- You want to work for a company that puts customer service first while remaining committed to minimizing its impact on the environment
What we can offer you:
- We believe in paying our employees a living wage, not a minimum wage. Our cleaners start at $17/hour, increasing to $18/hour (or more with experience!) after their probationary period and are paid bi-weekly
- We want our employees to share in our success. We offer a yearly bonus tied directly to the company’s success and the employee’s performance
- As our company grows, so can your career. We’re committed to promoting from within whenever possible
To be successful, you must:
- Speak fluent English
- Have a cell phone and the ability to send and receive text messages
- Be able to obtain and maintain a Criminal Records Check clear of any property crimes
- Be willing to work 10-15 hours per week, increasing to 20-25 per week
- Be able to perform moderate physical activity, such as lifting a vacuum up and down stairs and remaining on your feet for 4 hours without a break
- Have a valid G-class driver’s license and access to a vehicle
The most successful candidates will:
- Have at least one-year experience in the cleaning industry (preferred)